|The Recipe For Betsey|
3 parts Sensitivity
2 parts Inspiration
1 part Courage
Saturday, December 29, 2007
Monday, December 24, 2007
- I'm addicted to Egg Not Lattes.
- My favorite movie, I havent seen in years..and for the life of me cant remember the name. But they had a Thanksgiving version and a Christmas version and the girls name was Addie..I think it was set in the 30's?
- We go to Christmas Eve at my dad's cousins.
- We used to sometime celebrate Christmas 'Day' on the 26th. My dad was a firefighter and would have to work some years..so we'd do the traditional Christmas Eve thing and then 'santa' would come on the 26th..my parents always said it was a nice break for him. Although when we were super young..Santa would come early and we'd celebrate with Santa coming on the 24th.
- I have not put up a tree in 3 years.
- I'm allergic to all things Christmas Tree (the real live kind..whether, pine, fir or cedar) and sneeze uncontrollably, unless I'm hopped up on allergy meds.
- My little tree has a blue/white/silver theme to it.
- My mom has a whole storage box of ornaments I hope to put on my 'big tree' some year, of ornaments, I've rec'd since I was a baby. She has them tagged with the year and who gave it to me. On a TINY jewelry tag.
- One of my fondest memories is the Holiday Party my grandparents used to have. I was never old enough to attend as a 'guest' but super young, my parents would bring us and we'd say hello in our jammies and then go upstairs to my aunts room to sleep. As we were older (jr high/early high school) we'd serve hors d'ouevres. My uncle picked up the tradition this year.
- My dad will either make Egg's St. Anne (his own concoction I'm sure) or some sort of dish with Hollandaise (either Egg's Benedict or Turkey Hash) for breakfast Christmas morning.
- Santa fills our stockings and puts gifts under the tree!
- I still believe!!
Friday, December 21, 2007
Tuesday, December 04, 2007
Thursday, November 29, 2007
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
My friend Amber & her husband Peter welcomed a set of twins on Monday. A girl and boy, just like their older sister Princess I predicted. Congratulations all...they are adobable. they were born at just over 36 weeks and both were over 6 pounds..and of course Amber looked phenomenal up unti lthe end..other than 'the walk' looking at her from behind, you wouldnt have even known she was pregnant.
Double Babies, comes from Triple Babies...4 years ago my sisters, sister in law was expecting triplets..and my sisters youngest niece and nephew couldnt quite process triplets, so they were called the triple babies..
So Congrats , Amber & Peter, Princess I..and welcome C & G! Can't wait to meet you!
Thursday, November 15, 2007
Gotta love when blogs you stalk give away blog candy. Even if they're not ones you regularly stalk..it's fun to see one..add it to your list..and see all the designs people come up with. Some day...i'll be in the blog candy give away mode...some day.
Today I checked out Ericka Hall's Blog..she's got some good blog candy! She's a fellow a muse addict...one who does a splendiferous job with coming up with new card designs using A Muse stamps.
Wednesday, November 07, 2007
This post is about 5 days late..but still in my mind..so why not post. I've been in such a paper (not that i've had time for digi either) crafting funk lately..the ideas are there..but when i go to sit down to do it..i have scrappers block. I have so much to scrap, even kits i've made up to scrap, plus a new book to start for my new niece...but nothing..not to mention birthday raks i need to start sending for my A*Muse Group....but nope..zilch out of me...until last Saturday night that is. I went down to the Scrap Lovers @ A Work of Heart Retreat in San Jose..and was immediately inspired..not only getting to help with cool Creative Cafe projects..and rubbing elbows with Danelle Thompson, Melodee Langworthy,Kristi Sikora-Blankenship and the Maya Road girls..but just being amongst creative woman. I also got to see the Tattered Angels Glimmer mists in action. My package of them is supposed to arrive today...and i will be for sure playing with them Friday night..if not tomorrow night. They're going to be perfect for our TLC chipboard. I bought some colors sight unseen..but am going to have to order some more, especially the limited edition..and think I'm going to carry it in the store as well.
And on the other unrelated side..minestrone..my grandmothers to be exact..there is none like it in the world, I rarely if ever order it anywhere because i dont want to be disappointed that it doesnt taste like hers (although i did get some with a dinner from the diner down the street when Pierre was sick..had a taste..and it was a passable 2nd!). My uncle has taken up the tradition of Sunday Family Dinner. My grandmother used to do this all the time when we were in our teens and early 20s..and my uncle has now started it up again. Mostly cooking the dinners himself...and he takes after my grandmother and my dad..and is an amazing cook.
It's just a nice night..comforting..not only with the amazing food, but spending time with family and close friends like family..eating..watching football or bullriding..maybe a game of liars dice. Something to look forward to through the long winter for sure!
Thursday, October 11, 2007
I saw this on a fellow local AMuse addicts blog..and just had to post...we used to play this type of game when I was in production whenever we had a department birthday...that and the Chinese Fortune Sticks..so in honor of my lunch tomorrow with my dear friend, David...here goes...and these are a little different than the configurations we used to play..so for any of you old Gymbo production people reading this (you too SISON!) ..do play along!
1. YOUR ROCK STAR NAME: (first pet & current car) - Duke Passat
2.YOUR GANGSTA NAME: (fav ice cream flavor, favorite cookie) CakeBatter Chocolate Chip Angels
3. YOUR “FLY Guy/Girl” NAME: (first initial of first name, first three letters of your last name) B. Ter (why couldn't it be cool like J.Lo!)
4. YOUR DETECTIVE NAME: (favorite color, favorite animal) - Blue Dog
5. YOUR SOAP OPERA NAME: (middle name, city where you were born)- Roseann Daly City(in the game we used to play ..it was middle name..street you grew up on..so i was Roseann Montero (very appropos for a novela, huh?)
6. YOUR STAR WARS NAME: (the first 3 letters of your last name, first 2 letters of your first) - TERBE
7. SUPERHERO NAME: (2nd favorite color, favorite drink put “The”) The Blue Mojito
8. NASCAR NAME: (the first names of your grandfathers)- Larry Bud
9. STRIPPER NAME: ( the name of your favorite perfume/cologne, favorite candy) Happy Snickers
10.WITNESS PROTECTION NAME: (mother’s & father’s middle names) Ann Lester
Now i'm tagging some of you
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
Last week, I was trying to quickly communicate with one of my carpool buddies about my other carpool buddy through an IM...I was trying to say she got out of her meeting really quickly with her CFO..and I told him...she's out..Myles (the CFO) is a quick meetingerer ..and quickly followed with..that's my made up word of the day...and then i laughed and said oh, I'll add that to my blog, because some of my faves put Favorite Kid quote of the day..favorite tip of the day etc. We had quite the laugh because one of his coworkers has quite the made up stories every day..I mean she is a true Penelope (SNL character played by Kristin Wiig)..nothing could happen this much to one person..not possible..and my Made up word..could go up against her stories (of course she thinks they've all happened to her)
So today..I told him I 'beat' another coworker (an annoying one at that), he said "Physically"..i replied...no Walk Fitaly..our walk fit program. I won this week..for actual steps..not for just a random you reported your totals. So Sean says...add it to the blog...so here we go...our first official MOWOTD - Walk Fitaly.
Monday, August 13, 2007
Shopped a little bit at Crazy8 this week..Gymboree's newest concept,a value concept. Got some hair baubles for Jessi to go with her birthday gift and jammies for Tripp...great prices (and I dont even get an employee discount!)
Edited - they're only in California, Texas and New Jersey right now (or within the next few months), however the web site and shipping is launching today.
Saturday, August 11, 2007
Tuesday, June 26, 2007
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? St. Elizabeth (my parents are catholic and you had to have a saint's name)..my middle name is a combination of my grandmother's middle names Rose and Ann.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? June 22...watching Paul Potts tryout on Britain's Got Talent
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING sometimes..my printing..it starts out great then my hand gets tired (thank you computer) and it goes to hell
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? mortadella or roast beef
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? no
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? probably
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM? It's a way of life, keeps me sane
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS yep..although they should have been removed a LONNNNG time ago for the amount of strep and tonsilities i've had.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Oh Hell NO!
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Cheerios (plain..Joe's O's work too), Kelloggs Raisin Bran, or Lucky Charms
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Sometimes
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? In some ways
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Dbl Rainbow Coffee Blast or Cold Stone Cake Batter or Dreyers Slow Churned Rocky Road. 31 Flavors Daiquiri Ice used to be in there too..but they've recently changed the recipe and it's now disgusting!
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? Eyes and smile/teeth
15. RED OR PINK? pink
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? My weight, but I'm working on it.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? My Aunt Bobbie
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? please do!!
19. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? black & black Sandals
20 WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE yogurt with granola
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? office chatter
22. IF YOU WHERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Cornflower BLUE
23. FAVORITE SMELLS? Homemade chocolate chip cookies or the Guittard Factory
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? some guy who wanted my opinion on a report for Foreign Exchange processes
25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Yes I do!
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? prefer in person..but bottom line Baseball!
27. HAIR COLOR? Natural Auburn red baby!
28. EYE COLOR? BLUE or Green depending on the day and clothes
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? no..rub my eyes way too much
30. FAVORITE FOOD? Mexican food with a good margarita, or Italian
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Happy Endings
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? The Queen
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? A little silk number Black and White dot on top/black, pink green vertical stripe on bottom
34. SUMMER OR WINTER? SUMMER (sunny really, doesn't have to be real hot, just sunny
35. HUGS OR KISSES? Smooches for sure!
36. FAVORITE DESSERT? My moms pecan pie
37. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Not sure, depends on who's bored or not busy
38. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND ???????
39. What book are you reading now? The MacGregors - Robert and somebody,..and My Friend Leonard (at Pierre's), plus have about 3 scrapbooking magazine still to get through.
40. What is on your mousepad? Gymboree Dots
41.What did you watch on T.V. last night? Hell's Kitchen & Family Guy and News
42. What is your favorite sound? Tripp or Dominic laughing
43. Rolling Stones or Beatles? neither..but Stones if i have to choose
44.What is the farthest you've been from home? Hawaii
45. Do you have a special talent. I used to be great at remembering phone numbers and zip codes..but now it has to be a number I call regularly
46. Where were you born? Daly City California
47. Whose answers are you looking forward to getting back? Shell, Rachel & Jan…tagging you!!
Monday, June 25, 2007
Friday, June 22, 2007
Sorry just have to post this, I'm sure most have seen on Jessica's blog..but I was brought to tears by seeing the clip from his Britains Got Talent tryout, and as Jessica said, LOVED that he won the competition and love that he's making his way. Not sure that I'll buy the entire album, but if songs are available to download, I'll be sure to purchase this one, if not others! Here's his final winning performance, singing one of my most favorite opera songs!
If you want to see the full length version of his tryout, click here
Monday, June 18, 2007
(joining Shell & Jan)
- I didnt have to work 8-5
- I wasnt so darn tired when i got home
- My house was clean & organized
- I didnt have to cook
- I didnt have other 'business' things to tend to at night.
If you're reading this...I'm tagging YOU!
Tuesday, May 29, 2007
We drove down to Southern California Saturday..and came back Sunday night...crazy. Our original plan was one night in Santa Barbara...the wrong thing there being one night. OUr choices were two night minimum or close to $300 for a flea bag you wouldnt pay $80 during a regular weekend...so our reservations found us further south (the Valley is only another hour)..but Sunday found us in the OC. I wish we had ended up just staying there. We had a lot of fun though..and oddly enough even with all the driving , it was very relaxing..and we were even more happy when we had yesterday to relax at home and not have to worry about driving in Holiday Traffic.
Thursday, May 24, 2007
My landlord gave me the good news that my neighbors upstairs will be moving in a month or two. Of course he told me this about 4 months ago...that they'd be moving..no timeframe. But i guess they bought a house and will finally be moving.
Of course he didnt tell me this until after I had, had a sleepless night. The Jacka** hillbilly had come down Tuesday night to tell me that my tv or radio had been on 'rather late' the night before and had woken poor david up. Ha! BS...he heard the tv 'louder than normal' on Tuesday because we were watching a movie..however i turned it down as soon as the movie was over.
Of course when I mentioned to him..all the nights I had been woken up by 'poor david' or woken up in the morning with David's fist pounding, foot kicking, wake up the dead Tantrums, the JA just brushed it off with...we'll be out of your hair because 'we're looking to move this summer'. I was soooo mad. It took me 24 hours to realize why he chose the time he did to come down..mainly because he doesnt have the cajones to confront me when Pierre is there. With good reason too. The JA is just lucky he caught me off guard because if I had been fired up like I was previous nights i HAD to turn up my TV (due to poor David screaming his lungs out for HOURS on end..so i couldnt even hear my tv at a normal level), he would have gotten more than the tidbit I shared with him...and let me tell you i'm still fired up...they seriously need to watch it if they want to live in peace until they move! I'm liable to just leave the TV on...hmmm...maybe i'll forget to turn off the clock radio while I'm gone this weekend....
Mind you these people are EDUCATED...but complete hillbillies!!
Thursday, May 03, 2007
Since the beginning of January, the Company has been sponsoring a 'walk fit' program. They issued pedometers to those that wanted to participate and every week we record our steps. Even though Pierre and I walk almost every night...and sometimes even twice a night (before and after dinner), I just dont come close in my steps to the number of steps other winners have walked (guess I should take the stairs more!). Anyway...it's now Week 16 or so in the program...the number of participants have dropped off..and I won this week...the sad thing is..I didnt win for highest # of steps... I just won for having reported and getting pulled from a random drawing...either way...I'll take the win..and the $50 gift card from Sports Basement!!
Now to kick some coworker beehive in Bowling this afternoon!!! I wish! But it should be fun!!
Wednesday, April 11, 2007
I'm on vacation in two days. Off to my sisters for "The Nugget's" first birthday..and to rub 'the buddha'. The buddha being my sisters belly...yep..she's expecting again. Baby #2 will be just 18 months younger than Tripp...and the lastest bit of 'royalty' will be making his/her entrance in October. Of course Mimi & Pop (my parents) are beyong thrilled...they insisted on telling everyone in person.
I have a ton of work to do of course this week at work with changes to how we must book things...plus the LobsterFest..and packing etc. Throw in procrastinating on writing that tax check..and some insurance issues and you've got a Betsey waiting to snap. The sad thing is my taxes arent even done...and i've been seriously stressing about them since January 1st. I'm hoping to have Cherie do them..and just plan on filing an extension. I'm beyond what TurboTax can do for me and need a real professional to look things over....damn Non Qualified Stock Options!!
Ok..back to work.
Monday, March 26, 2007
...of course that obviously is not my son...I have no children. That however for those not in the know is Ali Edwards son. Who is Ali Edwards, you might ask (again for those not in the know)...just one of the coolest scrappers..life artists around. Her 5 year old son Simon has autism..and she's shared their family journey about his life with autism..even before he was diagnosed. She's just an amazing lady..and wanted to be sure to share this awareness with you!!
Tuesday, March 13, 2007
Tuesday, March 06, 2007
Anyhow..signing off ..CPT (CarPoolTim...as opposed to Brother Tim) will be bugging me that it's time to leave any moment...and I really must leave on time tonight i have a Lobster Fest meeting tonight....reservations are already starting to come in..we have wine and beer donated...people are even ordering TShirts thru our Cafe Press Store...it's all slowly coming together.
Tuesday, January 09, 2007
Valentines day is right around the corner. What are you gonna be doing for your valentine this year??? blog about it.. or what do you hope to get from your valentine??? anything?
My Valentine and I will either go out to dinner or have a special dinner at home. It's actually a crazy time for me at work, and he's in the midst of a major project as well, so just getting out of work at a decent hour will be an accomplishment.
Other than exchanging cards, we dont really exchange valentines gifts. Once Tulip season hits, he usually buys me a bunch a week, so i dont mind if i dont get any for Valentines (and having worked for a florist, i know how expensive Flowers are at this time of year!)
I do exchange gifties for/with my parents, sister, godsons and grandparents, and have already started picking up little treats!!
Monday, January 08, 2007
Just got word that my sister, brother in law and the cutest baby in the world (aka Tripp, my nephew) are coming out in Febraury for 5 days. My BIL has a seminar to attend, so Aimee & Tripp are coming out for some Terry time! I have an egg idear in the making..but my sister is off for 5 days of beach time in Santibel Island..so I’ll have to wait to later in the week to see if it’s going to hatch or scramble.
Friday, January 05, 2007
Ali Edwards in her blog and 'zine' (AEZine) talks about picking a word for the year..last year's was play..this year peace. I have decided my word for the year is going to be Focus. There canb e so many different meanings to this..and applications to everyday life. When reading her AEZine..i shut my eyes..and just tried to think of a word any word..and focus came to mind (maybe i was telling myself to focus, who knows).
I dont regularly set resolutions..because as we all know..some or most get broken anyway..so why not set an attainable creation for myself!
Some things that are on the top of my focus list:
- Focus on scrapping my own pages this year...not a page here and there..but at least one of the books of me..and a page a month minimum!
- Focus on my clients pages. I need to plan
- Focus on booking one TLC party/event (minimum) a month..this doesnt count my regular crops or classes, as I incorporate my other products into those.
- Focus on becoming a QB superuser..by understanding the ins/outs of the software and all it has to offer, i can be more organized in my business to keep it growing. I'd love to apply forecasting and cash flow that i do at work in my own business, besides just balancing the check book.
- Focus on updating my websites - with all the time i spend on the computer at work..i just hate to go home and hop back on (even though it's on 24/7)..but I plan on focusing on a day/night a week to work on my projects.
So...that is the just the top of my focus...more to come..i hope.