Thursday, December 28, 2006
1.) Where did you ring in 2006?
Millbrae at my good friends house...staying dry!!
2.) What was your status on Valentine's Day?
in a weird place with Pierre
3.) Were you in school (anytime this year)?
4.) How did you earn your keep?
5.) Did you ever have to go to the hospital?
Had some doctors visits,
6.) Have you ever encountered the police?
not this year
7.) Where did you go on vacation?
St. Louis (twice) & Yosemite
8.) What did you purchase that was over $500?
a new computer
9.) Did you know anybody who got married?
10.) Did you know anybody who passed away?
some family members.
11.) Have you ran into anybody you graduated high school with?
All the time
12.) Did you move anywhere?
13.) What sporting events did you go to?
Baseball games (Welcome back "Kliner")
14.) What concerts did you go to?
Kenny Chesney (along with Carrie Underwood & Dierks Bentley)
15.) Are you registered to vote?
16.) If so, did you do your patriotic duty on Nov. 7?
17.) Where do you live now?
the Bay Area (california)
18.) Describe your birthday.
turned 37..celebrated with family and friends for over a week!
19.) What's the one thing you thought you would never do but did in 2006?
drive to San Diego by myself
20.) What is one thing you regretted this year?not too many regrets this year
21.) What's something you learned about yourself?
I'm a lot tougher then I gave myself credit for
22.) Any new additions to your family?
Yes! My new nephew
23.) What was your best month?
I had a few April/May/JUNE/December
24.) What from pop culture will you remember 2006 by?
I'll quote Caroline..."Tom Cruise needs a straight jacket and I'm sorry but Scientology is a cult "
Tuesday, December 05, 2006
Direct sales consultants looking for a new scrapbook organization will finda tantalizing proposition this month in TLC's "Home for the Holidays"promotion. Anyone wishing to join TLC may transfer and enjoy full benefits,including eligibility for Fast Track Plus, at Advisor* Rank.As always, TLC is all about choices and a wealth of opportunity.Transferring Consultants can readily take advantage of all TLC has to offer:* Exceptional Compensation* Bonuses and Allowances* Substantial Discounts and Sales* Reasonable Minimums* Dynamic Product Design* Combined Papercraft and Digital Alternatives*Faxed or emailed documentation to verify active participation. Purchase of a TLC Business Builder Kit required. Consultant gets 3-month period to advance to Director Rank for Fast Track Bonuses.
Addtionally our business builder kits (both papercraft & digital) have been enhanced with extra goodies to Welcome you to TLC! Please note the beefier options are available to ANYBODY..however if you are transferring from other craft related company, and wish to promote at the leve you are transferring from..you must get the Business Builder Kit.
I'm happy to email you copies of all the regular Great Reasons to Join TLC as well as what's included in the starter kits, just send me a message..and i'll email away! Remember...TLC does not have a NON Compete clause at any level in the organization.
Please let me know if you have any questions, and about my sign on bonuses.
Top Line Creations Advisor#402758 - www.ilovetoscrap.com
Friday, December 01, 2006
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Egg Nog...love the egg nog season..my scale does not..
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Unwrapped
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White...only white!!!
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Sometimes
5. When do you put your decorations up? whenever I get a chance
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Squash Supreme
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Baking Cookies
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? 4th Grade...religion class...killed Santa, the Easter Bunny & the Tooth Fairy in one fell swoop. My mom BEGGED me not to tell my brother & sister.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? not typically..when we were little if my dad had to work Christmas Day (firefighter) and if they 'got it together' we would do christmas before bed and after my cousins..otherwise we'd wait until the 26th!
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? it's kind of 'themed' Balls first..then the balance of ornaments..then the 'angel'
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it when i'm in tahoe..otherwise it's an extremely rare occurance and usually causes havoc
12. Can you ice skate? Barely..bad ankles
13. Do you remember your favorite gift when you were a kid? Not really
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Spending time with my family...So very important!!!
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Cuicidati
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Baking Cookies, Caroling, Christmas Eve Family Get Together
17. What tops your tree? Angel
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Giving
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? The Christmas Song
20. Candy Canes! To Decorate with!
21. Christmas Tree real or fake? I love real ones, but allergic so artificial tree..and then either a wreath or garland outside my door, to at least have a little bit of the smell
You've been tagged...
Thursday, October 26, 2006
My controller put me in charge..or as a co-chair of our department Halloween Festivities. Mind you this isn’t buy some orange and black crepe and Halloween goodies…This is an all out department decorating contest that the company has. We decided to do Las Vegas. Some of our previous forays have been, The Wizard of Oz, Monopoly, Haunted House, Tropical/Under the Sea & Animal House. We’ve won for The Wizard of Oz and Under the Sea and came up 3rd when we did Animal House. Each department within the Finance area is a different hotel or attraction. My co-chair and I went through and picked some of the hotels we figured would have the best ideas..and easiest to decorate. We told everyone they had until last Friday to choose their hotel on a first come first served basis and if they hadn’t chosen we would assign for them. We ended up assigning two. Yesterday..one of the departments decided they wanted to be something else..and of course they chose something NOT on the list. Fine..but our decorating is in full swing they’re on their own figuring out their decorations. Today they come to me and ask me what their budget is…yeah…how about ZERO!?!!! They wanted to out and buy gold coins and stuff…come on people…creativity. I told them to make cardboard circles and paint them gold! Ha! I should sell them some of the TLC chipboard circles. I’m hating this overwhelming feeling of decorating dictator..but geesh..i hate last minute decorating and ideas…I just don’t have the creative juice right now..and let me tell you…I AM CREATIVE! I’ve got no work, work done this week..I’ve either been scouring the internet for ideas, or pirating logos to trace and paint signs etc., or working on the stuff or processing shipments of items we ordered….not good when it’s quarter end. But I think we might just pull this off…the Caesars group is going all out! Can’t wait to show pictures.
Monday, October 16, 2006
Saturday was my second foray into volunteering for One Brick. My first event was a week ago at the South San Francisco Walk for Light the Night. Light the Night was a special event because it’s one of the fundraisers for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, and is one that any survivor can participate in at any stage of their recovery. Seeing the balloons lit up in the darkness was chilling and just hit you right in the heart. Being able to take part with such an event especially with my mom and Marc being survivors, was so meaningful.
This weekend though, I bartended at Oktoberfest. WOW!! Talk about a fun event. Other than your hardcore German-Americans (complete with men in Leiderhosen and Frauleins in their frockery), it was just a bunch of people there to get drunk and listen to German music. Bottom line though…fun!! Best people watching so far for the month of October!! Will definitely be back next year both to attend and to work with One Brick again!
Monday, October 09, 2006
Fall is here :(
I guess I have to put away my summer bag and stuff. Good thing i made my trip to the Container Store for Space Bags. I do love my summer purse though...felt like a St. Louisan with the monogram. Guess that just means I will have to order a 'fall' bag. the question is...what to get?
Monday, September 25, 2006
Time spent with friends! Especially friends you havent seen in ages. A truly grand weekend! The Norton's had a BBQ on Saturday...for just over a hundred of their closest friends! If it wasnt great to walk in and see Jen's art, then to walk out onto the back deck and see poster boards of all the pictures Gary took at events over the years..was truly... astounding. The people, the events (Happy Day OLA)..the hairstyles...wow!! Tish and I have been friends for 20 years now, and I love that family as if it was my own, it was so great to just sit on the deck and chat and catch up with people as they came and went. Although it was an exhausting day..between sitting in the sun, and doing my part to drink the Heineken from the Keg..i was asleep in bed by 10:00.
Yesterday, was our standard church/breakfast deal. Ashleigh was my best friend for the day. She loved my Maddy Moo purse! I'm thinking i'm going to have to get her the Madalyn bagfor her birthday. Complete with Monogram! Then yesterday afternoon my parents neighbor across the street had a party for her husband combination 75th Birthday/Retirement Party. This is his 3rd career retirement, he's been a policeman, fireman and latest job, worked for CalTrans. Funny thing is CalTrans gave him a retirement party and at it, requested he consult 3 days a week...so he's not really retiring. Still it was a nice get to gether and nice to visit with all of the neighbors on mom's street.
Tuesday, September 12, 2006
but today it still hurts..actually it's my whole stomach..I think i have a stomach bug. Yesterday, it was bothering me all day, couldnt eat anything, had that watery mouth just waiting..afraid to eat anything feeling all day. Got the chills about 3..and it lasted all afternoon. Luckily could go home, and lie on the couch in my jammies, blanket on...was force fed some broth about 8..ate it, and went back to sleep. Woke up this morning, the initial waves of nausea gone, watery mouth gone...then two hours later..the cramping is back...luckily my doctor is in my chiropractors office and I have an appt this afternoon, I might just see if she can see me.
Laying on the couch last night, with the TV full of 9/11 images and reflection..couldnt really think of much else. Thought really that's why my stomach was yucky yesterday. I can remember the day vividly, the phone call from Pierre early in the morning, running to the TV. Telling my dad a plane hit one of the towers and him thinking (as most of the country did), it was a freaky accident...then the 2nd plane hitting and all the subsequent events. Coming into work numb, I remember Lynda vividly that day..that and Lisa Harpers message telling us to go home..weird weird day. Personally I didnt lose anyone in the events, one of my friends did though and we all rallied at work though to have fundraisers for the widows...the widows of the Bravest. And now come to find out Donna had a cousin that was one of the bravest. Too scary! I'm glad my dad is retired, but think of people like John Sorensen doing search and rescue and worry worry worry.
Sunday, August 20, 2006
Di dropped me off, and I madly got some cards out for a card swap (sorry to wait until the last minute Jamie, I was having printer issues), and then went to Blue Chalk for dinner…can I just say THE WORST DINNER/DRINKS EVER? We had gone there about a month and a half ago during one of the heat waves, it wasn’t that hot, but just a nice warm night, there was a band playing, we had some great cocktails and played pool. The pool tables are upstairs with French door windows that open up and have a potted plant balcony over the street. Really it couldn’t have been a better night. So thought we’d go back for dinner, it’s a left at Albuquerque menu so it couldn’t be that bad, right? WRONG! I should have just gone with my favorite gaucho burrito..but not thought I’d be somewhat ‘healthy’ and get the tequila grilled chicken. Can I just say blech. But first it was topped off by them no longer carrying Absolut Peach..I wanted a Cosmo made with Absolut Peach. Then I tried to order a couple of other drinks off their regular menu..sorry no longer have those changing the bar around. So I ordered a drink off their new ‘special bar menu’. Disgusting! My glass of wine to follow was only marginally better! We were going to play pool but I was not liking the vibe..no band, no music (no one in the restaurant except us and a large party in the back..(should have been the first CLUE)..there were a ton of people in the bar though.), bad cocktails. So just came home and watched last Monday’s finale of Hells Kitchen…or tried to I fell asleep in the middle (thank you alcohol).
Yesterday was prtty much just running errands for the morning and early afternoon, finally got my new computer put together, although stillhaving issues connecting to the internet via the router (project when I’m done blogging), and then went to the game with Di and the girls last night. Gary was there with the boys, too, but they were in their seats. Rob brought us down to the clubhouse so we could see Steve and wish him a good game. Unfortunately the Giants lost..they had a MISERABLE second inning..and only started really playing the game in the fourth. Steve had a good game though, and hopefully they’ll win today, so at least they can ‘win’ the series!! I somehow lost my camera bag in the process. Luckily my camera as on me..or in my purse, but I think someone stole it from Sam’s seat, thinking it was in there. So I lost the bag, the cord and the adapter ring. Of course they don’t list my camera anymore to replace it..so not sure what I’m going to do.
Friday, August 11, 2006
Firsts 1. Who was your first prom date?TJ…it was a friend set up…he was straight laced…and well..I hear he’s a priest now.2. Who was your first roommate?Gal by the name of Aimée Bergan3. What alcoholic beverage did you drink when you got drunk the first time?I think rum and something…a sleepover at Gina Beltrano’s place..I wasn’t totally drunk..but I remember someone throwing up in a trash can in the middle of the night…4. What was your first job?Sanrio Station!!5. What was your first car?77 VW Bug6. When did you go to your first funeral?I think I was like 10...Uncle Joe? I remember he liked the grandma on Who's The Boss because she had big boobs and red hair LOL7. How old were you when you first moved away from your hometown?Um...17...but I only moved like, 10 miles so that doesn't count. I was 23 when I moved to WA.8. Who was your first grade teacher?Mrs. Constantino9. Where did you go on your first ride on an airplane?Gosh..probably Orange County for DisneyLand.
10. When you snuck out of your house for the first time, who was it with?probably by myself..and honestly I was probably in my twenties and it was in the middle of the day when I was supposed to do something around the house and needed to just get out.
11. Who was your first Best Friend and are you still friends with them?Neighborhood wise…either Gretchen Fuldner or Lisa Hickey. Lost touch with both of them. Gretchen moved to DC when I was in first grade..so nope haven’t seen her since and the letter writing stopped when she finished high school (she was like 6 years older). Lisa probably weren’t really ‘friends’ once she got to Jr. High (she was a year older). Laurie Zollezzi…school wise..and I sometimes see her at family functions of my godmothers but we don’t do stuff together.
12. Where did you live the first time you moved out of your parents house?Officially moved…where I am now..13. Who is the first person you call when you have a bad day?Di or Koree14. Who's wedding were you in the first time you were a bridesmaid or a groomsmen?My Aunt Cindy’s wedding, I was in 7th grade..and Cindy asked me to be a Bridesmaid..but my mom felt I should have been a jr. bridesmaid!15. What is the first thing you do in the morning?Slap the alarm clock for waking me up. Shower.
16. What was the first concert you ever went to?Amy Grant or Michael W Smith
17. First tattoo or piercing?Ears pierced when I was 1618. First celebrity crush?LOL ..Shaun Cassidy?
19. Age of first kiss?Um...LOL...16? I was shy, give me a break
20. First love?First Real love…my stalker..he wasn’t my stalker then..he was a boyfriend..
21. Are you still in love with your first love?uh no..i don’t have any sick conceptual want to be in love with the stalker
Thursday, August 10, 2006
Could last night have been more perfect? The weather was absolutely gorgeous..may have been even too hot during the day (as i sat on my perch on the 5th floor during the day only to go to the loo..i wouldnt know)..but last night..was beautiful..and a wonderful setting to entertain. My parents had a little open house for their friends to meet 'the crown prince'. Just cocktails and hors d'ouevres & treats ..and good company. As the everyone crowded around the dining room, kitchen and back deck..it was nice to go from room to room to say hello, catch up..and of course see Tripp being passed around..again..as most of his holiday in California..he never touched ground. He got a ton of pressies (between Shell and Kim Archer..i think that's my new word) which so was not the point of the open house..but nonetheless fun to open. Who knew there could be so many different baby toys nowadays. Baby clothes I know in my sleep..but a bath symphony..who knew...I think we were happy with a rubber duck , maybe a plastic ship..and plastic cups.
Monday, August 07, 2006
I feel like I havent been home in weeks..I've spent the night there..but rarely have I walked in the door before 11...and usually later..and I just literally crawl into bed. Last night I think I spent one night home..maybe two..I can't remember, the whole week is a blur. I know thankfully I got laundry done one of those nights, good thing since I was gone all weekend...again. Fun stuff though all of it, so really there's nothing to complain about. I had my first facial in what's been two years. Saw a gal named Tracy at Rejouvenance. My face feels so soft...which is great since Iwas feeling like I had a sandpaper chin. Then went to a lovely baby shower for my co-worker friend Rhonda. Got to see some old production friends, and hang out with some other co-workers I wouldnt normally hang out with in a social setting.. all fun.
Yesterday I was out again bright and early (and i think the screamer was away too..so I could have slept in, in peace) wrestled with Tripp's car seat base, and went to Mass and breakfast. Afterwards we dropped off dinner at Deb & Gary's and she was able to see Tripp for the first time. Dominic was entirely too cute..loving to see trip, peering into the carseat, talking to him, asking him what his favorite Trains were. I think he's finally adapted to the fact, he's going to be a big brother. He keeps saying he's going to have a baby sister, and Deb definitely just has a little bowling ball...so maybe there's hope..although I think Dominic would be happy to share his trains by the time the baby could play with them.
Alright..I think I better get some work done...just didn't want Shell to come after me really and not post to my blog!
Tuesday, August 01, 2006
Thank goodness for the swimming pool during the heatwave. Between keeping them cool..it kept them going..and tired at night! Me too!
Last night I signed up for Maddy Moo...i swear Shell, dont expect me to do much, it's just for a discount! The purses are just tooo dang cute, I see maybe one or two purse parties in my future. That's it! I dont have time to work my business let alone another! But I'll sure be styling. I can't wait for my purses to come!
Monday, July 03, 2006
- What albums do you prefer? I’m a top loading gal for sure. For my own I put them in a binder until I can move them to a post bound. I love the All My Memories albums!
- Most favorite embelishment? Brads, blossoms, ribbon, tags & some stickers still...lol
- If you had to choose prints or solids which would it be? Solids
- Do you get SB mag subscriptions? 4of them
- If so which ones? Scrapbook answers, Paper Crafts, Simple Scrapbooks & Creating Keepsakes
- What is the average time you spend scrapping per week? probably less than 1
- Do you prefer Micheals or Joanns? Neither really..neither around here have very much, and I’m all about supporting the independent
- Do you consider yourself a scrap-a-hollic? A think & shop about scrap-a-holic
- Do you contemplate over paying a bill or buying scrapbook supplies? nope...bills come first
- Do you contain yourself in a scrabook store or are you out of hand? I keep myself out of a scrapbook store..so I don’t get out of hand.
- Do you get more pages completed solo or with friends? with friends I’m easily distracted by myself, unless I’m working in the studio..and then I’m a scrapping fiend
- Best snack while scrapping? Diet coke and chex mix and/or maybe m&m's
- Do you like to listen to music while scrapping? Absolutely
- Do you have total losers outside of your immediate family who don't know what a "scrap" or "crop" is? Yep...but they think I am the loser!
- Are your family members aware of your addiction? Yes
- Do you shop more than you crop? Yes. Definitely!!!!
- Eyelets or brads? like brads better but I use both
- Which eyelet maker do you enjoy? MM
- Quickcuts or Sizzix? QK dies in my Sizzix Side Kick
- Have you considered buying a cricut? Nope
- What type of adhesive do you use? 3L adhesive Runner, Hermie Dots, Trio, Glue Dots
- Have you ever hosted a crop? Yes
- What is the benefit of scrapbooking? Great Therapy & preserving memories for future generations
- Do you find yourself doing more projects for yourself or other people? projects: for other people
- Do you find yourself grabbing your camera before you grab your car keys? No..and I’ve been REALLY bad about forgetting my camera lately.
- What was your addiction before scrapping? sittin on my but at the computer! ...wait...that's still my addiction!!! ROFL!!!!
- How long have you been scrapping? The ‘safe’ way over 6 years..but at least 20 years.
- WHat is your favorite technique? Inking..but really want to sew on my pages.
- What size albums do you find yourself doing more? 12x12
- What is your most rewarding experience from scrapbooking? Seeing that finished LO and LIKEING It.....Haveing some one else like it....and probably the best is the memories from the photos
Sunday, June 11, 2006
Wednesday, April 12, 2006
Monday, March 13, 2006
The kitchen, I found my kitchen table, yep it was there, could probably even sit at it and eat dinner, with the exception of the beer/soda store underneath…we shall not run out of diet Coke. Besides..there’s no TV in there, we might actually have to sit at the table and have a conversation..what a concept. It will however make the morning grab and go a lot easier! Now the rest of the kitchen…I have a master plan..I want one more IKEA wardrobe…now to just convince P. If I remove the pantry items out of the other and into the new, and fill the remaing shelves with the items on the ‘rack’, not only will I get more depth it will be behind closed doors, and no one will see and everything will be neat and tidy. This will also leave open space on two shelves in the other, for all my kits* waiting to be scrapped, and the idea books, thus leaving the top of my buffet, for what it’s for…a buffet..all decorative and cute..and perfect for home entertaining…a concept we decided we must get back into for 2006..as none was done in 2005…the convincing will be the hard part, maybe Le Déplacer will help me convince P!
Saying lots of prayers for the Norton’s today, Gary is on the decline again, and starting to suffer greatly! Hope that he finds what he needs to know that his family is loved, and loves him, so he can be happy and well again! Flav should be home today, so he will be of great comfort to them all.
**ok..my kits, before you think I’ve been buying kits en masse, and why am I doing so without using the ones I have..are but kits I’ve put together with photos, paper embellishments etc, ready to scrap at the ready…makes for such productive scrapping (9 pages just last week in a 5 hour sitting!! WITH journaling, I might add.)
Ok..back to work…3 ½ days before the weekend!
Saturday, March 11, 2006
1. What is your full name now?Elizabeth Terry aka Betsey
2. What color pants are you wearing?black dance pants with white stripes (um, I think adidas would have a copyright issue on these)
3. What are you listening to right now?KRON Morning news waiting for Sally Socolich
4. What was the last thing you ate?tortilla last night
5. Do you wish on stars?Sometimes…first star, definiely shooting stars
6. If you were a crayon, what colour would you be?Cornflower blue
7. How is the weather right now?very cold, might rain/snow again soon8. Last person you spoke to on the phone?my Mom last night9. Do you like the person who tagged/sent this to you?very talented lady, hope to get to know her one day10. How old are you today?3611. Favorite drink?diet Coke12. Favorite sport?scrapbooking, Hey! My fingers moving should count for something,and the people (women) in this industry are more competitive and brutalthan a bunch of big rugby players.13. Hair color?auburn red, all natural baby..includingthose few wiry grays14. Siblings? 1 sister and 1 brother, I’m the oldest15. Favorite food?Italian & chocolate16. What was the last movie you watched?At the theatre it was DeRailed17. Favorite day of the year?Saturday, when I can sleep in, except today when the TV came on and I felt the need to get up to check to see if there was snow, and then just stayed up..but loafing around18. What was your favourite toy as a child?my barbie fashion plates thingy, spirograph, & just regular barbies19. Summer or winter?SUMMER. all the way!20. Hugs or kisses?Both!!!21. Chocolate or Vanilla?did you miss my favorite food…of course chocolate ;)22. Living arrangements?me and my bitchy roommate (ha ha)23. When was the last time you cried?Yesterday or the day before talking with Mom or Helen about Gary
24. What is under your bed?long storage box of clothes, old magazines, and dust bunnies25. Who is the friend you have had the longest?Deb & Di26. What did you do last night?cleaned the kitchen, and fell asleep watching tivo’d stuff27. Favorite smell?totally opposite smells – the Guittard Chocolate Factory ‘brewing’ and Gymsuds (just that fresh clean baby smell)28. Favorite TV show?I have to pick one? ..by night… Desperate Housewives, Gray’s Anatomy, NCIS, the Unit (yes there’s only been one, but looks good), Nip/Tuck or Rescue Me, Alias, Lost, ER, Las Vegas, Ghost Whisperer, Num3rs..and this season I totally got sucked into The Batchelor Paris.29. Happy In life?for the most part
30. What are you afraid of?That something horrible may happen to my family.31. Plain, buttered or salted popcorn?buttered and salted ..but that’s a rare occasion, so it’s usually Plain with yellow mustard (take piece dip in mustard) or FF Kettle Korn
32. Favorite car?I love my passat33. Favorite Flower?Tulips..and Gerber Daisies…but have a fondness for primas
34. Number of keys on your key ring?6
35. How many years at your current job?job? Almost 4 years..company I started 10 years ago this month (march),
36. Favorite day of the week?any day I don't have to wake up early37. What did you do on your last birthday?went to dinner with Deb & Di at Sapporre Italiano and then saw DeRailed (Friday day of), Saturday dinner with P, and then Sunday dinner with grandparents and my aunt at my aunts (yummy dinner)
38. How many cities have you lived in?technically 1 – Burlingame, but have housesat for long periods of time in San Francisco, Pacifica, San Mateo
39. Do you make friends easily?Yes, why? What have you heard?
Wednesday, January 25, 2006
On a fun note, tickets go on sale tomorrow for the St. Helena Fire Department Lobster feed, and they sell out in minutes, you have to practically camp out in front of the fire house to get a lotto number to try and buy a ticket..but my special source *cough*asst.firechief*cough* is going to help me out, and all this while packing for leaving bright and early for Nicaragua, geez a girl can feel so special. I’m so excited to go and see how it’s ‘really’ done, ours is fun and good..but this is ‘the big show’..the king one could say of all lobsterfeeds. So we shall see…
Wednesday, January 18, 2006
I keep hearing that old childish joke in my head today…does your face hurt? Well it’s killing me. My face hurts…not my whole face just the top left quadrant…not sure if it’s a sinus thing or what…it just hurts. And while I’m on the subject of ailments (man I sound like those Christmas letters of my parents friends that I hate..but this will turn good I promise)..my calves are sooo tight today, almost borderline cramping..and I couldn’t figure out why, with the rain I haven’t been running and most definitely not on pavement..i couldn’t figure out why, then my coworker said well you’re shoes are pretty flat, but look like they have good support…ahhh FLAT..that’s it! I bought these AWESOME shoes on overstock.com and I’ve been wearing them nonstop, they have a little kitten heel and are trendy and an amazing sole, I don’t even notice I have a heel on..except today and yesterday..when I haven’t been wearing heels. I love these shoes so much…I bought a second pair…same color! I was afraid I was going to wear these out from wearing them so much. Anything to justify buying a second pair.
OK..so my whole thing with the blog is that everyone looks at Cathy Z, Ali, Donna, Margies etc…and if they can keep a blog with their so very busy schedules I should too…but hey everyone wants to know what they’re doing…do you really care? Well I’m posting anyway…I’ll think of it as a word scrapbook my kids can look on in 80 years, if they can still view and if I ever have kids <ha ha>.
Well on one of my scrapbooking groups today they had this neat 4 question thing, and since I absolutely those ‘getting to know you things’ I filled it out..well turns out it’s been going around ‘the blogs’ for a bit now with the ‘famous’ ladies tagging each other. So here is mine..and I’ll get into the tagging spirit too…I tag Kei, Sonja, Debbie, Di, Donna and Barb M!
4 Jobs you’ve had (ok…I’ve had more than 4…but these are highlights I think)
Production Manager (kids apparel
Hello Kitty (I worked at Sunshine Station (sold primarily Sanrio products) and got to (read HAD to) more than I care to remember.
4 movies you’d watch over and over
Any of the Harry Potter Films
When Harry Met Sally
Sweet Home Alabama
4 places you’ve lived (so boring here)
…ok but if I count loooong term housesitting I can add San Francisco, Pacifica, Hillsborough and San Mateo
4 TV shows you love to watch (do I have to pick 4?)
But really I watch FAR too much TV and have many other faves that get tivo’d each week
4 places you’ve been on vacation
St. Louis, MO
4 websites I visit daily – I can only pick two I visit regularly on a daily basis
http://sbc.yahoo.com (pick up my mail from the web at work…and as J says the new Momentis)
http://www.google.com (pick up gmail and search - as J says the new RMS)
but I will randomly check out someone’s blog or whatever too.
4 of my favorite Foods
My Grandmother’s or Dianes sugo
My Mom’s Macaroni Salad
Chicken Marsala…ok earlier I said a steak..but really chicken marsala is pretty tops.
4 places I would rather be right NOW
home in bed, it’s cold and yucky and rainy outside
on a nice warm beach
sipping wine at a café in Italy
at the studio working on scrapbook projects.
That’s MORE than enough for today!