Tuesday, March 13, 2007


Good bye Pup Pup!


We had to put our dog, Jake down today. He was 13 years and 2 months old. Hardly a puppy..but we called him puppy, or pup pup...along with Jake, Jakey..and my dad the last couple of years Jacob (his jake wasnt a nickname from jacob..but instead because he was a dalmation..and fireman are 'jakey's'). However he kept his pup pup status because until he was about 9 years and 9 months..he acted like a puppy..and then one day he woke up and figured out he was 9..and not 9 months.


He's always been a high maintenance dog, sensitive stomach..allergies...needed babysitting (he was an indoor dog) etc..but the last year has been a chore, he's aged significantly, was completely blind, a bit deaf...the typical arthritis and odd tumours here and there..but boy i tell you that 'sniffer' worked up until the end (he could smell a sausage pizza from the minute you drove up).


I wont go into the details of 'the end' but, the vet marvelled at how old he was (Dal's just don't live that long..and the vet just felt time had flown since we brought him in at 9 weeks old), and how good he was to the end.

2 comments:

Jan said...

I'm so sorry. We had to put my "baby" cat to sleep last year... and I was soooo sad.

RealRach said...

Thanks for making me cry...I am so sorry. It breaks my heart.