Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Creativity & Minestrone


This post is about 5 days late..but still in my mind..so why not post. I've been in such a paper (not that i've had time for digi either) crafting funk lately..the ideas are there..but when i go to sit down to do it..i have scrappers block. I have so much to scrap, even kits i've made up to scrap, plus a new book to start for my new niece...but nothing..not to mention birthday raks i need to start sending for my A*Muse Group....but nope..zilch out of me...until last Saturday night that is. I went down to the Scrap Lovers @ A Work of Heart Retreat in San Jose..and was immediately inspired..not only getting to help with cool Creative Cafe projects..and rubbing elbows with Danelle Thompson, Melodee Langworthy,Kristi Sikora-Blankenship and the Maya Road girls..but just being amongst creative woman. I also got to see the Tattered Angels Glimmer mists in action. My package of them is supposed to arrive today...and i will be for sure playing with them Friday night..if not tomorrow night. They're going to be perfect for our TLC chipboard. I bought some colors sight unseen..but am going to have to order some more, especially the limited edition..and think I'm going to carry it in the store as well.

And on the other unrelated side..minestrone..my grandmothers to be exact..there is none like it in the world, I rarely if ever order it anywhere because i dont want to be disappointed that it doesnt taste like hers (although i did get some with a dinner from the diner down the street when Pierre was sick..had a taste..and it was a passable 2nd!). My uncle has taken up the tradition of Sunday Family Dinner. My grandmother used to do this all the time when we were in our teens and early 20s..and my uncle has now started it up again. Mostly cooking the dinners himself...and he takes after my grandmother and my dad..and is an amazing cook.
It's just a nice night..comforting..not only with the amazing food, but spending time with family and close friends like family..eating..watching football or bullriding..maybe a game of liars dice. Something to look forward to through the long winter for sure!

No comments: