When ready to serve, top steaks with disks of sliced compound butter and serve with salad or vegetables on the side.
- 2 sticks butter
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 lime, juiced and zested
- 2 tablespoons steak seasoning blend for the grill
- 1 tablespoon chipotle (smoky) ground chili powder or dark chili powder
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 4 T-bone steaks, 1 1/2 inch thick
I would definitely make this again...we even had leftover 'butter'. Keep in mind..the rub is VERY spicy, so you definitely need the butter to 'tone' it done a bit . I also used leftover cilantro on our biscuits (my family should buy stock in Pillsbury), and leftover lime juice on the grilled asparagus.