Tuesday, January 09, 2007
Valentines day is right around the corner. What are you gonna be doing for your valentine this year??? blog about it.. or what do you hope to get from your valentine??? anything?
My Valentine and I will either go out to dinner or have a special dinner at home. It's actually a crazy time for me at work, and he's in the midst of a major project as well, so just getting out of work at a decent hour will be an accomplishment.
Other than exchanging cards, we dont really exchange valentines gifts. Once Tulip season hits, he usually buys me a bunch a week, so i dont mind if i dont get any for Valentines (and having worked for a florist, i know how expensive Flowers are at this time of year!)
I do exchange gifties for/with my parents, sister, godsons and grandparents, and have already started picking up little treats!!
Monday, January 08, 2007
Just got word that my sister, brother in law and the cutest baby in the world (aka Tripp, my nephew) are coming out in Febraury for 5 days. My BIL has a seminar to attend, so Aimee & Tripp are coming out for some Terry time! I have an egg idear in the making..but my sister is off for 5 days of beach time in Santibel Island..so I’ll have to wait to later in the week to see if it’s going to hatch or scramble.
Friday, January 05, 2007
Ali Edwards in her blog and 'zine' (AEZine) talks about picking a word for the year..last year's was play..this year peace. I have decided my word for the year is going to be Focus. There canb e so many different meanings to this..and applications to everyday life. When reading her AEZine..i shut my eyes..and just tried to think of a word any word..and focus came to mind (maybe i was telling myself to focus, who knows).
I dont regularly set resolutions..because as we all know..some or most get broken anyway..so why not set an attainable creation for myself!
Some things that are on the top of my focus list:
- Focus on scrapping my own pages this year...not a page here and there..but at least one of the books of me..and a page a month minimum!
- Focus on my clients pages. I need to plan
- Focus on booking one TLC party/event (minimum) a month..this doesnt count my regular crops or classes, as I incorporate my other products into those.
- Focus on becoming a QB superuser..by understanding the ins/outs of the software and all it has to offer, i can be more organized in my business to keep it growing. I'd love to apply forecasting and cash flow that i do at work in my own business, besides just balancing the check book.
- Focus on updating my websites - with all the time i spend on the computer at work..i just hate to go home and hop back on (even though it's on 24/7)..but I plan on focusing on a day/night a week to work on my projects.
So...that is the just the top of my focus...more to come..i hope.