I promptly went through and answered each question. BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO. It's undeniable. You can't resist the urge, no matter how cool you are.
So don't resist. Copy and paste the questions below and replace with your ONE WORD only answers in the comments section of the post. This is an especially difficult challenge for me who can never use one adjective at a time, can't possibly use less than three examples in a sentence and likes to overstate things just a little bit. OK. FINE. A LOT. Deal with it.
Plus, it's always cool to see what other people come up with. And besides, this friendship of ours? It's getting to be a bit too one-sided for me. I'm like that annoying bad friend who talks, talks, talks and can't shut up and you never get a word in edge-wise. SO LOOK. THIS IS ME SHUTTING UP.
*Remember - just one word answers. It's harder than you think.
1. Where is your cell phone?table
2. Your significant other? bubalicious
3. Your hair? matted
4. Your mother? nurse
5. Your father? away
6. Your favorite thing? STARBUCKS!
7. Your dream last night? norco
8. Your favorite drink? cosmo
9. Your dream/goal? contentment
10. The room you're in? den
11. Your hobby? scrapbooking
12. Your fear? everything
13. Where do you want to be in 6 years? alive
14. Where were you last night? couch
15. What you're not? mobile
16. Muffins? carrot
17. One of your wish list items? health
18. Where you grew up? here
19. The last thing you did? email
20. What are you wearing? boot
21. Your TV? news
22. Your pets? none
23. Your computer? consuming
24. Your life? chaotic
25. Your mood? anxious
26. Missing someone? yes
27. Your car? parked
28. Something you're not wearing? bra
29. Your summer? gimpy
30. Like someone? yeah
31. Favorite color? blue
32. When is the last time you laughed? earlier
33. Last time you cried? monday
Thursday, May 01, 2008
My dear friend Shell has nominated me..or rather tagged me with a blogger award...geez thanks Shell...i would have posted sooner without an award like this!!
Shell and I met at a TLC (Top Line Creations) convention in Las Vegas in 2005! We both sat at the California table and low and behold...she only live ~30 miles down the road in San Jose. We became fast convention pals and continued..for some reason however..we dont see each other much during the year..now that we wont be attending TLC conventions..we'll have to come up with another plan to rectify that!! So..thanks for the Award, Shell..I'll blog more so i dont get another. HA!
copying..and pasting from Shell...Ok so I have to pick 5 people now - the rules are below my picks. This is not easy either - cos some of the ones I wanted to pick have been picked already - and we don't want a whole merry go round of awards!
Karen Burniston - Karen is one of my favorite celebrity bloggers to read. She has such humor in the way she writes
P-Dub - I know Shell nominated her..and I'm sure the entire blog reading population of the world has nomiated her..but she truly deserves it. Like Karen, she has a total way with words that just cannot be. Her recipes are yummy, her backstory about how she met, courted, married her husband has me swooning, she lives on a ranch with some pretty hot cowboys!..and what the heck..she has a sister name Betsy!
Laurie S. - Laurie and I met through a yahoo group..and then another yahoo group and got to scrap in person. We probably on scrap once a year since we live on each side of the bay..but she's a wonderful woman, and it's been wonderful to see her get married and the birth of her children etc. I love reading her blog..and while you're there, take some time to donate to the Walk she's doing for her son!!
Scrap Lovers at A work of Heart - say that 5 times fast. Andrea (A Work of Heart) and I have known each other since 2004. We both do Scrapbooking for Others, and met on a yahoo group associated with it. Andrea was looking for people to contract pages, when she got swamped (she's uber talented), but I didnt meet with her for over a year because I was afraid, even though my clients liked my work..would hers. We both attended the same CKU in San Jose..and then eventually met up at her studio where I worked on some pages for her, as well as taught classes and helped out with the studio. Kristina, (ScrapLovers) is her new business partner ..and is a very talented woman in her own mind with a ton of great ideas. I'm super inspired by these women every time I'm in their presence and look forward to updates on their blog with the latest studio/store happenings.
Amuse Art Stamps - I've been a fan for about 3 years. My friend Sonja introduced me when I had a stamp day with her..and then enabled me by bringing me down to a local store that carried the stamps. I've since joined an 'addicts' group (funny they enable more than help you get over your addicition) and am first in line to buy new stamps when they're released. Linda is very talented, as are all her designers and instructors. Amuse is one of the first blogs I read through reader to catch up on my blogs (where did i not find reader for so very long..especially when using blogger!!) and I hope that one day I can take a class from Linda in person!!
Ok..here are the rules...
For those of you receiving the Award, here are the rules:
1) You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserve this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also for contributing to the blogging community, no matter what language.
2) Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.
3) Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award itself.
4) Award-winner and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of "Arte y Pico" blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award. http://arteypico.blogspot.com/Make sure you visit the link above. There are crafts of all kinds shown you are bound to come away inspired!
5) Show these rules.