I joined dōTERRA in October 2014 after 6 months of using their introductory kit (lavender/peppermint/lemon)...and after seeing friends use essential oils in the winter of 2013 to ward off the horrible flu that was going around. To start I looked at the available kit options and decided the best and most cost effective for me immediately (especially heading into winter months) was the Family Physician Kit. The Family physician kit contains the following oils:
· Breathe (a blend)
· Deep Blue (blend)
· DigestZen (blend)
· Melaleuca (aka Tea Tree oil)
· On Guard (blend)
1. Use Lavender EO to help your family sleep. Place a drop in the palm of your hand, rub it between your hands, and then rub your hands on your loved ones’ pillows before bed. It will not only help them go to sleep, but also stay asleep. I also rub this on the back of my neck.
2. Lavender and Melaleuca EOs can be used to help treat Pink Eye.
3. Peppermint and Lavender can be used together to help relieve tension headaches (I use this combo a lot. and if i walk out the door forgetting to do this, the day seems off kilter (i now keep a bottle of these in my office))
4. Peppermint and Lavender can also be used to open your sinuses in the morning.
5. Create fun, simple, cheap room sprays with variations of these EOs! I love to use Lemongrass (not included in the kit), i replaced one my sister had given me from a good Home store.
6. Lavender can be used to calm itching from bug bites, or to treat sunburn.
7. I use a mixture of 10 drops of Deep Blue (and fill a glass roller bottle up the remaining way with Fractionated Coconut Oil) to help with the Arthritis in my knee.
8. Oregano can be rubbed on the bottoms of feet (use a carrier oil with children – it’s a hotter oil) to help colds.
9. DigestZen can be used to help digestive function. I personally use it in place of my acid reflux prescription (Rx Tagamet) (3 drops in a veggie cap, once a day for me)
10. Use them to create simple, but very effective household cleaners.
11. On Guard Essential Oil blend has been found to kill strains of MRSA and H1N1*, and it’s perfectly suited to help fight off colds, or even just prevent them from coming at all. It can be taken orally (I use either a veggie cap or dōTERRA is now offering them in small beadlets that can be swallowed). You can also use On Guard in household cleaners, additionally it can be bought from dōTERRA in a foaming hand wash.
12. Melaleuca is very effective to treat an occasional pimple. Just place one drop in your hand and dab it on the infected area. I also have psoriasis, mostly on my scalp, but more frequently in the tops of my ears and behind my ears. Less frequently on other parts of my body. When i would use the Rx cream, i had to get it on my body patches the minute i felt them form otherwise, they break out into a full scale (pun intended) patch. Melaleuca, cuts down on scaling immediately and the patch disappears within 1-2 days.
13. Breathe has been known to help clear the sinuses, stop snoring, and clear congestion. I was a little skeptical of this at first because i tend to have adverse reactions to eucalyptus, but i sleep so much better at night when diffusing this.
14. Oregano and Lemon can be used in your cooking. Great for winter months.
15. Frankincense can be used in a Neti Pot (i use the bottle) to help clear sinuses . Just used one drop along with sea salt).
16. Peppermint is a great breath freshener and a natural stimulant. dōTERRA also sells these in beadlet form. They're great to pop in your mouth before going into a meeting, and don't go stale like the mints in tins.
17. Lavender is great for treating cuts and bruises
18. A few drops of Lemon EO on the nose can aid in opening sinuses.
19. Taking two drops each of Lavender, Lemon, and Peppermint in a veggie cap each day can help with seasonal allergies, i tend to actually mix these with a shot glass of warm water, as I'm usually in a rush in the morning to get out the door by 6:30 and rushing to get oils in a veggie cap is a recipe for disaster with me.
20. Next time you have congestion, take a shower or bath and add 1-2 drops of Peppermint EO to the water/on the bottom of the shower floor. The aroma really helps! Add some Lavender EO to your Peppermint bath water for a refreshing sunburn relief bath.
. Have you used the essential oils from the Family Physician kit? or any of the dōTERRA oils included? I would LOVE to hear about them! Leave your tips in the comments!
And if you’re interested in learning more about how Essential Oils can benefit your family, Please let me know, I will soon be creating a page just for my oil journey. In the meantime, please feel free to look at my dōTERRA page
*Note: I’m not a Physician and none of these uses have been verified by the FDA, i am simply sharing what has worked for me in my household. Please check with your Physician before deciding to go off of any medications you might be on. I have worked closely with both my doctor and my acupuncturist to figure out what works best for me. Also, not all Essential Oils are created equal. You should NEVER ingest any oils that are not pure, therapeutic grade essential oils.