Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Friday, November 21, 2008
Thursday, November 20, 2008
1. Started your own blog
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you're not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run **grand slam baby!**
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelos David
41. Sung karaoke (something else you don't want to hear again)
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt *the Calistoga one*
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater *makes me sad my nieces and nephews etc wont!*
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check (A very long long time ago)
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone **bummer made it 381/2 years without no less too
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper (A few times in High School)
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone's life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake &**blech..not so Great!**
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
100. Read an entire book in one day (many times!)
Sunday, September 28, 2008
By the time the weekend came they were gone. But one day as I took the bus back up the hill, I noticed they were on the backside of the hill. By Wednesday they were up to the road as people stood and gawked. On Thursday, I took the bus up the hill, and it seemed they were all on the road side of the hill, I got home, grabbed my camera real quick hopped in the car down the hill parked, and walked to the fenced area. Most couldnt be bothered with me..of course there's always one. this one falled me up and down the entire length of the goats...with this piece of grass sticking out of his mouth..not sure if he wanted me to feed him more (most likely) or didn't even know it was there. I leaned over the fence at one point to take a picture of a couple of kid goats.and he felt the need to nudge me to pay attention to him...I snapped one last shot..and told him goodbye.
Have you seen the goats used for eating the wild grass in your area?
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Staff Sgt. Andy Pena performs in-flight calibrations on a HH-60 Pave Low while flying Sept. 3 over Ellington Field, Texas. He and members of the 55th Rescue Squadron deployed from Davis-Monthan Air Force Base, Ariz., to Ellington Field in response to Hurricane Gustav with less than 24 hours after notification. Sergeant Pena is an aerial gunner.These brave men and women sacrifice so much in their lives so that others may enjoy the freedoms we get to enjoy everyday. For that, I am proud to call them Hero.We Have Every Right To Dream Heroic Dreams. Those Who Say That We're In A Time When There Are No Heroes, They Just Don't Know Where To LookThis post is part of the Wednesday Hero Blogroll. For more information about Wednesday Hero, or if you would like to post it on your site, you can go here.
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Sunday, June 29, 2008
When ready to serve, top steaks with disks of sliced compound butter and serve with salad or vegetables on the side.
- 2 sticks butter
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 lime, juiced and zested
- 2 tablespoons steak seasoning blend for the grill
- 1 tablespoon chipotle (smoky) ground chili powder or dark chili powder
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 4 T-bone steaks, 1 1/2 inch thick
I would definitely make this again...we even had leftover 'butter'. Keep in mind..the rub is VERY spicy, so you definitely need the butter to 'tone' it done a bit . I also used leftover cilantro on our biscuits (my family should buy stock in Pillsbury), and leftover lime juice on the grilled asparagus.
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Friday, May 30, 2008
So don't resist. Copy and paste the questions below and replace with your ONE WORD only answers in the comments section of the post. This is an especially difficult challenge for me who can never use one adjective at a time, can't possibly use less than three examples in a sentence and likes to overstate things just a little bit. OK. FINE. A LOT. Deal with it.
Plus, it's always cool to see what other people come up with. And besides, this friendship of ours? It's getting to be a bit too one-sided for me. I'm like that annoying bad friend who talks, talks, talks and can't shut up and you never get a word in edge-wise. SO LOOK. THIS IS ME SHUTTING UP.
*Remember - just one word answers. It's harder than you think.
1. Where is your cell phone?table
2. Your significant other? bubalicious
3. Your hair? matted
4. Your mother? nurse
5. Your father? away
6. Your favorite thing? STARBUCKS!
7. Your dream last night? norco
8. Your favorite drink? cosmo
9. Your dream/goal? contentment
10. The room you're in? den
11. Your hobby? scrapbooking
12. Your fear? everything
13. Where do you want to be in 6 years? alive
14. Where were you last night? couch
15. What you're not? mobile
16. Muffins? carrot
17. One of your wish list items? health
18. Where you grew up? here
19. The last thing you did? email
20. What are you wearing? boot
21. Your TV? news
22. Your pets? none
23. Your computer? consuming
24. Your life? chaotic
25. Your mood? anxious
26. Missing someone? yes
27. Your car? parked
28. Something you're not wearing? bra
29. Your summer? gimpy
30. Like someone? yeah
31. Favorite color? blue
32. When is the last time you laughed? earlier
33. Last time you cried? monday
Thursday, May 01, 2008
My dear friend Shell has nominated me..or rather tagged me with a blogger award...geez thanks Shell...i would have posted sooner without an award like this!!
Shell and I met at a TLC (Top Line Creations) convention in Las Vegas in 2005! We both sat at the California table and low and behold...she only live ~30 miles down the road in San Jose. We became fast convention pals and continued..for some reason however..we dont see each other much during the year..now that we wont be attending TLC conventions..we'll have to come up with another plan to rectify that!! So..thanks for the Award, Shell..I'll blog more so i dont get another. HA!
copying..and pasting from Shell...Ok so I have to pick 5 people now - the rules are below my picks. This is not easy either - cos some of the ones I wanted to pick have been picked already - and we don't want a whole merry go round of awards!
Karen Burniston - Karen is one of my favorite celebrity bloggers to read. She has such humor in the way she writes
P-Dub - I know Shell nominated her..and I'm sure the entire blog reading population of the world has nomiated her..but she truly deserves it. Like Karen, she has a total way with words that just cannot be. Her recipes are yummy, her backstory about how she met, courted, married her husband has me swooning, she lives on a ranch with some pretty hot cowboys!..and what the heck..she has a sister name Betsy!
Laurie S. - Laurie and I met through a yahoo group..and then another yahoo group and got to scrap in person. We probably on scrap once a year since we live on each side of the bay..but she's a wonderful woman, and it's been wonderful to see her get married and the birth of her children etc. I love reading her blog..and while you're there, take some time to donate to the Walk she's doing for her son!!
Scrap Lovers at A work of Heart - say that 5 times fast. Andrea (A Work of Heart) and I have known each other since 2004. We both do Scrapbooking for Others, and met on a yahoo group associated with it. Andrea was looking for people to contract pages, when she got swamped (she's uber talented), but I didnt meet with her for over a year because I was afraid, even though my clients liked my work..would hers. We both attended the same CKU in San Jose..and then eventually met up at her studio where I worked on some pages for her, as well as taught classes and helped out with the studio. Kristina, (ScrapLovers) is her new business partner ..and is a very talented woman in her own mind with a ton of great ideas. I'm super inspired by these women every time I'm in their presence and look forward to updates on their blog with the latest studio/store happenings.
Amuse Art Stamps - I've been a fan for about 3 years. My friend Sonja introduced me when I had a stamp day with her..and then enabled me by bringing me down to a local store that carried the stamps. I've since joined an 'addicts' group (funny they enable more than help you get over your addicition) and am first in line to buy new stamps when they're released. Linda is very talented, as are all her designers and instructors. Amuse is one of the first blogs I read through reader to catch up on my blogs (where did i not find reader for so very long..especially when using blogger!!) and I hope that one day I can take a class from Linda in person!!
Ok..here are the rules...
For those of you receiving the Award, here are the rules:
1) You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserve this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also for contributing to the blogging community, no matter what language.
2) Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.
3) Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award itself.
4) Award-winner and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of "Arte y Pico" blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award. http://arteypico.blogspot.com/Make sure you visit the link above. There are crafts of all kinds shown you are bound to come away inspired!
5) Show these rules.
Sunday, February 24, 2008
A) FOUR PLACES I GO OVER AND OVER:
2. Trader Joe's
3. work (it pays the rent)
4. church (it's Lent...I better be going!)
B) FOUR PEOPLE WHO E-MAIL ME: (Regularly):
A. Cindy, Mom, Donna, Aimee
C) Four of my favorite foods:
ice cream, chocolate chip cookies (and dough), Mexican food, any pasta
D) Four places I would rather be right now:
1) someplace warm and tropical
2) Shopping w/ someone else's credit card
4) visiting my sweet niece & nephew
E) Four movies I would watch over and over:
1) Pretty woman
2) Sweet Home Alabama
3) When Harry Met Sally
4) Billy Madison
Tagging...Rachel, Jan, Shell & Kei
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
How does this apply to me you say? I was on linked in this weekend. Linked in is like a 'professional's' myspace. You list your past job history and recruiters look at it..old colleages..it's like an online resume..and people can even 'recommend' your work, so it's like your personal referrals are right there...anyway..i digress. I was on it this weekend because someone had requested to add me to their network..while i was there I found my old VP as well as an additional bunch of old colleauges. Luckily i requested to add them and they all agreed to be my 'friends'.
When i went on today..it said there were 50 new gymboree connections. I pretty much 'knew' all of them...at least by name. I truly felt like Miss MaryAnn...between the finding them, and that fuzzy feeling of old home week. Most all were from my first 'stint' at Gymboree (mind you i was only gone for 7 months), and all brought back that warm fuzzy feeling from our time at Camelot. I even saw 'sweater vest' listed there, should you happen to read this old Prod people!!